“With research we can always use more test subjects so if you have horse owners that can video their horse's gaits, especially varying speeds of the trot, that would be helpful. Would help to have the video done in arena so I can use the railing as a reference point. With what video they send it is helpful to have horse info on age and height along with video of the horse standing or a picture for evaluation of conformation. Video may be too large to send via email so they can also just send it to my school address. Any format will work.
A minute at each gait and at each speed is plenty. Also make sure the whole body and especially the hooves can easily be seen in the video. Since my other video is under saddle, ridden, I would prefer the same for all video.
· Horses under saddle with rider
· Railings as a reference point
· 1 minute at each gait and speed
· Whole body and hooves easily seen
· Send age and height of horse along with video or photo of horse standing to evaluate conformation
· Any format of video
Send to the address here: Molly Nicodemus,
1805 Hwy 393
Louisville, MS 39339
· email: MNicodemus@ads.msstate.edu
I will post the article published in the October 2014 issue of the ATAA Newsletter here.