1. Our discussion of how/if we do the HorseFlicks Rare Breeds series is ongoing. Please put your thoughts and opinions out there, so we can continue to progress. If we are to keep to a June/July schedule, we’ll need to really get on the ball. There has been some excellent discussions, pro and con, but we don’t have a plan or consensus yet. This can be another excellent promotion, but it will take work! Thanks to Tish for taking the lead on this.
2. Betsy and Catrina have come up with a ATAA awards program. These awards will be presented at the Annual Conference in October. They will be published on the website and in the newsletter. Thank you ladies!
3. Tish has a proposal for the Western States Horse Expo that will be in the newsletter and maybe on the website. She is looking for people to bring their Tekes and also for volunteers, donations, ads, brochures, etc. If anyone else is doing an Expo this year, let us know and we will be able to give some help (with advance notice). Tish is working up a CD that can be sent out with a brochure and other goodies on it to distribute. This will be useful in years to come, so thank you Tish.
4. Registration continues with more certificates sent out. Amrita and Cathy are working on revamping the rules and regs, to make them easier to understand and more specific to situations. Ongoing.
5. Betsy has offered to do a Yearbook, to be presented at the Annual Membership meeting. This will include photos, bios of awards winners and various other great things. I can’t wait to see it!
6. The April ATAA newsletter is now in the works, send in your farm reports, ads, competition reports, foal photos etc.
7. Our 2012 IRS taxes have been filed (it’s quite easy for a non-profit that doesn’t make much).
8. Membership continued to rise, we have 7 Lifetime members, 22 renewing members (so far) and 10 new members.
9. Terri continues to work on the Annual Conference. She is waiting to see what we decide on the HorseFlicks before going too much farther, for if we decide to do a day of shooting there, it will change how she organizes things.
Way to go everyone! It is so wonderful to have such enthusiastic self-starters on the BOD. Thank you for your hard work,