We had a very busy week! Here is the synopsis, including the approved motions from the Conference.
1. 2012 Conference done! We had around 40 people (not all came to every part of the Conference) and all reports seem to be favorable.
2. 2013 Conference to be held in MN with Terri Fender and Brad Sherman co-hosting. Terri is already starting to plan. I think we’ll have quite a few more attendees, judging from emails of people that wanted to come this year, but couldn’t.
3. Filed 2011 taxes with the IRS
4. Found out what to do to operate as a ‘foreign corporation’ out of WA state. This will mean that the Association still is incorporated in Missouri (so we don’t need to file for tax exempt status again), but our registered agent will reside in WA state.
5. Letter ready for non-performing BOD members, will go out Monday.
6. Silent Auction went very well. $581 in profits, thank you notes to go out to all donors this next week. The online bidding option worked quite well, thanks to Amrita and Jenny for making it happen.
7. Almost done with General Membership Meeting minutes and BOD meeting minutes, which will go on the website. Motions approved at General membership Meeting:
Motion- Jas motions to approve 2011 General Membership Meeting minutes, Amrita seconds, approved
Motion- Cathy motions to approve putting a monthly summary of Treasury reports on the ATAA website, Jas seconds, approved
Motion-Amrita motions that we use profit from the Silent Auction to set up fund to help register horses and to make a plan, Jas seconds, approved
Motion- Ann motions to have Amrita look into VNIIK registration for all ATAA horses, Catrina seconds, approved
Motion- Catrina motions to put pending registration on website with horse name ONLY. Jas seconds, approved
Results of voting: 3 year terms to Amrita Ibold and Tish Saare. 1 year terms taking over non-performing members terms, Catrina Mettam and Betsy Wandler. Both Bylaws up for vote passed.
Vote- No vet signature required on DNA reports – approved
Motion-Jas motions to change to using University of Texas for our DNA testing, Catrina seconds, approved
Motion-Monica motions that we put $500 into a starting up a scholarship fund, Betsy seconds, approved
The next newsletter is in process, so send in your farm reports, foal photos, classifieds ads, etc.
Great job everyone – let’s keep up the momentum.