The Annual General Membership Meeting of the Akhal-Teke Association of America, held at Homewood Suites, Malvern, PA
Starting Thursday September 28 around 7 pm in the Mallard Room, Homewood Suites, Malvern PA
Order of Business as follows:
Roll Call, Vice President, Jas Shearer-McMahon
Reading of unapproved minutes of the previous General Membership Meeting and taking any necessary actions, Secretary, Cathy Leddy
Presentation of Officer and Committee Reports:
President’s Report – Catrina Quantrell, read by ?
Treasurer’s Report- Amrita Ibold
Secretary’s Report – Cathy Leddy
Registrar’s Report – Amrita Ibold
Website Report – Amrita Ibold
Newsletter Report- Cathy Leddy
Awards Committee- Catrina Quantrell/ Betsy Wandler read by?
Promotions Report – Tish Saare
Nominations and Election Report – Cathy Leddy
Farm reports during ballot counting
Jumps at venues: Tabled until meeting, need sponsors
ATAA Awards- Incentive Awards doing well, trying new ATAA Awards this year, more volunteer awards? Betsy is happy to continue doing ATAA Awards, but wouldn’t mind help. Discuss different volunteer awards.
Breed standard and grading – Powerpoint on YouTube? Discuss.
VNIIK registration – less N. American horses are being VNIIK registered. Need to send measurement forms to Russia – how to do so? Amrita suggests we keep repeating blurb in Newsletter, put on scrolling pix on website. Pat thinks we are getting further from preserving, need suggestions. Motivation to register in our closed studbook – showing, economics, how to facilitate? Danger of horses not being recognized by Russia in the future if we don’t register.
End dates for finishing registration – Amrita and Cathy both discussed people that pay and then don’t do anything for years. It is very difficult to figure out what has been done (if anything). Should we have a cutoff date? After x time, they need to pay again and restart? Discuss, vote next year.
WEG 2018 – in Tryon, NC, September 10-23, 2018. ATAA booth? VOLUNTEERS needed. Cathy will find 2010 WEG stuff, approximate costs, etc. Committee to work on it?