Hope you’re all over Christmas and New Year’s. We have a big year in front of us:
1. January Issue of the ATAA Newsletter is coming up. Send in your farm reports, ads, articles, etc.
2. We have several issues to work on from the General Membership Meeting:
a. Grading Committee – we’ll get moving on that
b. Strategic Plan – need to contact Pat Johnson to help us on that
c. Amrita is to look into investing our CD into Municipal Bonds that are tax free when it comes due.
d. SANA Show for 2015. We have let them know we are interested and Amrita has already contacted some possible judges.
3. What we have accomplished since the General Membership Meeting:
a. HorseFlicks filming is all done, people have sent in their extra photos and videos. Waiting now for the rough draft.
b. Logowear ordered and the sweatshirts were sent out (thank you Tish!). They are very nice.
c. I’ll have one of my kids pull the winners for the ATAA Logowear Raffles – for new/early membership renewal and for registering 2013 foals. We got a pretty decent amount of entrants!
d. I’ve renewed both the ATAA TradeMark and the ATAA WordMark, but need to contact the USPTO about the WordMark – they didn’t like something. I will get to that next week.
e. Bills are coming due for our Club insurance and Fidelity Bond. I will do the necessary paperwork and send the bills to Amrita for payment.
4. Upcoming Expos – we had a pretty decent amount of members doing Expos last year (5 that we know of!). Anyone planning on doing an Expo this year please contact us and we can help with some money, club insurance and banners and a CD of brochures, breeder’s list, etc.
5. Awards – Catrina is working on the National Alphabet Awards – the AERC and USEA. We had more USEA awards than last year, but fewer AERC awards. We will keep letting people know about the awards and hope there are more to give out this next year. We might need to revisit the USDF awards as one of our new members shows in USDF sanctioned dressage shows.
All in all, 2014 will be an excellent year! If anyone has ideas for promotions, advertising, or anything that could benefit our wonderful breed, please let a Board member know!