Things continue to progress – great work from everyone!
The past week or so:
1. 4 awards coolers were presented at the first national non-Teke awards banquet last night – AERC ATAA awards were presented to 4 horse-ride combos. The awards were also mentioned in the AERC Yearbook (incorrectly, I might add) but they are there! Kudos to Catrina for a job well done. I suspect we’ll have lots more competition for 2014 awards.
2. Terri has announced the dates of the 2013 Annual Conference, to be held in Minnesota, Oct 4, 5 and 6th. She asked for an informal survey of where members wanted the meeting to be held and an overwhelming number said “nearer to the horses”.
3. The ATAA bumper stickers have arrived and will go out with the bylaws booklet and membership directory. Thanks to Tish for getting them made up – they look great!
4. Registrations continue to progress. Amrita and I are figuring out a system and have issued quite a few certificates (I don’t have the actual number), with quite a few more pending. We are also starting to work on old pending registrations.
5. Memberships continue to roll in – right now, we have 39 members, with 9 of those being either completely new or long time absent members. I just sent out a mailing to other Teke people and also to members that haven’t renewed yet, asking them to join us too. We should get some more memberships from those.
6. Our proposed 2013 budget is done and will be in the next newsletter.
7. An interesting promotion was proposed on the Teke chat list – doing another HorseFlicks video, following some Teke-rider teams in their sports, such as an endurance rider and possibly an eventer. I think this would be a good one to discuss at the Yearly Conference.
Keep up the good work!